£100k - 120k per year + generous bonus payments
about 2 months ago
Software Engineering Manager
Remote (offices in London & Northwest)
£100-120,000 plus generous bonus
Lead a team of super talented software engineers, building brand new SaaS type products.
Scale up the team, establish best practise in structures, processes, tools and methodology.
The wider architecture, delivery and DevOps teams are also scaling up and having a lot of fun working with new colleagues and new ideas.
The Software Engineering Managerwill run a small team of Tech Leads who each have squads of engineers working with python for back end programming and AWS technologies.
- The key to this role is freeing up your Tech Leads to get into tech detail, code and quality
- You will hire and build an organisation; a culture fostering independence and excellence.
- Being close enough to the technology and the architecture to add value at code level.
- Create an organisation that can build code without hinderance, firefighting or distraction.
This role requirestechnical authority - decision making - setting the vision and working with the architects on the 'how' to build.
- You'll be an engineer at heart, able to contribute to solving complex technical challenges.
- Leadership - likely through your technical authority and your experience leading successful teams before.
- Some knowledge of SaaS, AWS, DevOps, APIs
Skills required inc
Inspire and lead very talented engineers to build amazing solutions.
A technical depth / strength - somewhere to take subject matter authority
You will have a software engineering background, ideally coupled with a strong architectural knowledge - awareness of full stack and many technologies
Well versed and practical experience managing TDD, automation, CICD, OOP...
The culture / values
Flexibility and fairness
If you are intrigued or interested to know more, get in touch please in complete confidence