£30k - 65k per year
over 1 year ago
Software Engineer (Open Source)
Are you a Software Developer looking to make that move forward in your career and work in a large-scale environment with a team of go-getters? We need Software Developers, who wants to continue to learn, with an interest in functional programming and distributed systems.
This team is passionate about technology and are currently working in a highly collaborative way. The bar is set very high for good quality code and you will work with the business across the entire lifecycle of the project.
You will get to work on many exciting projects both existing and greenfield. Highly challenging role that will get your brain buzzing in a good way daily.
All systems and services are housed on a Linux operating system and primarily built around open-source technologies.
The day to day work is interesting, challenging and fast paced amidst a hardworking and delivery focused company ethos. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology’s greatest challenges.
- Developing low latency, highly available and scalable solutions.
- Creating concurrent distributed components.
- Working on Linux and GNU utilities.
- Working in an environment with high volumes of transactions.
- Supporting and enhancing the existing code base.
- Server side development (services, systems, messaging, middleware).
- Exposure to functional programming (such as Erlang, Haskell, F#, Scala or Go).
- Experience of distributed systems.
- Complex event process/continuous query languages.
- Client/server development experience.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Excellent communication and team working skills.
Please note: this company is able to offer a fully remote interview There are plans for flexible work opportunities (2 days in the office and 3 days working from home)