£70k - 100k per year
020 3928 8903
25 days ago
Management Consultant - Data Science
Are you an experienced data professional looking for an opportunity to progress within your career? Do you have what it takes to grow a consultancy? Are you looking for further exposure to market leading technologies on brand new projects?
We are looking for a Managing Consultant for a fast growing Google Cloud based business. This is a hands-on consultancy role but also a senior appointment within the team and will be working closely with the senior management team to grow this part of our business. In order to do this, we're looking for a special blend of commercial and conceptual understanding with expert level technical delivery skills. You'll be joining a company full of like-minded professionals, people that retain that human touch lost in most larger consultancies.
As a Data Science Management Consultant, you’ll apply this expertise to roles that vary from strategic advisory consulting through to complex data modelling. Working as a data scientist you’ll enjoy a variety of roles including:
· Developing visual, interactive analytical tools and software that solve business problems. Typical examples of capabilities include Customer and Supply Chain Analytics in Retail and modelling airline optimisations.
· Using Data Science to provide insight for our clients into complex relationships, trends and patterns in their data, often acting as a Product Owner developing services and capabilities that can deliver repeatable value
· Working as a Storyteller by bridging the gap between advanced data science techniques and business strategy, explaining findings and new concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Develop and lead our practice – including working on bids for new commissions, researching the latest thought leadership points of view from your area of expertise, and developing new service offerings to differentiate.
The focus of your role will be using data science to help clients optimise their business processes, improve operations and drive performance improvement. As a Data Science professional, you’ll bring the following skills:
· Academic achievement (first / upper second class degree in a numerate or computing based subject e.g. Maths, Stats, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Economics) and ideally experience in an analytical subject such as Operational Research, Management Science, Statistics or Decision Science
· Strong software development skills, preferably in Python. Proficiency in R and SQL
· Experience in data visualisation packages such as Tableau/Looker
· Mastery of the data science workflow – from identification of the business challenge to solution design, data acquisition and ETL, model prototype, tuning, evaluation and deployment
· Theoretical and applied knowledge of a range of Statistical Modelling and Machine Learning techniques such as Classification, Regression, Forecasting, Anomaly Detections, Dimensionality Reduction, Feature Engineering and Feature Selection. Knowledge of NLP, Machine Vision or Recommender systems is a plus.
· Thorough knowledge of at least one data science platform (e.g. GCP, Azure AWS) with experience of configuring instances to enable building of end-to-end pipelines from data preparation to model evaluation.
· Knowledge of software development practices such as Code Review, Source Control, DevOps, Testing is a plus. Experience in productionising models is a plus
· Data Visualization
· Analytical Skills
· Feature Selection
· Statistical Modeling
· Management Consulting
· Dimensionality Reduction
· Machine Vision
· Data Science
· Bachelor's Degree first / 2:1