£65k - 70k per year
about 1 month ago
Senior Front End Engineer
Remote (HQ in Manchester)
£70,000 + Benefits
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Front End Engineer, to join our ever-growing business as we continue our journey of building cloud-based greenfield projects.
As a business that has been trading for over 150 years, we are often considered "Old-school" but the projects and applications we develop are far from old-school.
We are looking at ways to utilise AI through our stores and online purchases to maximise the range of products we offer.
You'll be working closely with both front-end and back-end developers who have exceptional background experience within various businesses. Who all have one thing in common - Passion for development!
- Produce clear and concise code within code guidelines.
- Mentor and coach inexperienced or junior developers.
- Review Front-end architecture and introduce tools throughout projects when required.
- Deploy and maintain CI/CD pipelines to the cloud platform
- Develop new user-interfaces with React.js and Next.js
- Clear understanding or exposure to Next.js.
- Confidence in unit testing both mobile and web applications through Jest or Karma.
- Cloud technologies are highly advantageous (AWS is preferred).
- Cross-browser compatible styling using Sass/Less and task runners like Gulp or Grunt
- Responsive web design best practices
- You'll utilise gain exposure to tools such as Redux and Recoil!
- Competitive Salary - up to £70,000
- 100% remote, we do ask to you to come on-site 1 day per month for training and project releases.
- 10% bonus
- 5% pension contribution
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Life Assurance (4x Salary)